Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Owaneco, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Owaneco, IL. Drummond Law offers legal assistance to injured workers in both Missouri and Illinois. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It is crucial that you contact our Owaneco, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys now if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, Drummond Law’s legal team have the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Owaneco, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
There are dozens of ways you can be injured on the job. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. Regarding injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s important to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Owaneco, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Owaneco, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp works differently in various states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company will offer vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, an employer has to pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have an opportunity to get vocational education in order to get a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. This can include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Work Comp Claim in Owaneco, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just another reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Owaneco, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you visit your own for another opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Owaneco, IL. Your family and friends might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Owaneco, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our workers compensation attorneys in Owaneco, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.