Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Morrisville, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Morrisville, IL. Drummond Law provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It’s essential that you contact our Morrisville, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers right away if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, our legal team has the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Morrisville, IL, work comp attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt on the job. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. In terms of injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Morrisville, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Morrisville, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp is different in different states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company offers vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, an employer has to pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have the opportunity to get vocational education in order to help you find a new career path.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Work Comp Claim in Morrisville, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois can be complex, which is just another reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Morrisville, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer if they want to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you visit your own for a second opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Morrisville, IL. Your family and friends might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Morrisville, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s workers compensation attorneys in Morrisville, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.