Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Divernon, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Divernon, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It’s crucial that you contact Drummond Law’s Divernon, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys now if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, our legal team have the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Divernon, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. In terms of injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Divernon, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Divernon, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation is different in different states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company offers vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, the employer will pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have the opportunity to get vocational education in order to help you find a new career path.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Pursuing a Work Comp Claim in Divernon, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois can be complex, which is just one more reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Divernon, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Divernon, IL. Your friends and family might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Divernon, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s work comp attorneys in Divernon, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.