Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Plainview, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Plainview, IL. Drummond Law offers legal assistance to injured workers in both Missouri and Illinois. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It is critical that you contact Drummond Law’s Plainview, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys right away if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, our legal team have the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Plainview, IL, work comp attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Work is dangerous no matter what industry you’re in, and there are a number of common injuries. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. Regarding injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s important to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Plainview, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Plainview, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp is different in different states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a list of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies will offer vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, an employer will pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have the opportunity to receive vocational education to fit into a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. This can include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Work Comp Claim in Plainview, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois can be complicated, which is just one more reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Plainview, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, though it is recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Plainview, IL. Your family and friends might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Plainview, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our workers compensation lawyers in Plainview, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.