Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Ramsey, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Ramsey, IL. Drummond Law provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our job to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It is crucial that you contact Drummond Law’s Ramsey, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys right away if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, Drummond Law’s legal team has the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Ramsey, IL, work comp lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. Regarding injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Ramsey, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Ramsey, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation is different in various states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company offers vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, an employer will pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have an opportunity to get vocational education to get a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. This can include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s crucial to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Pursuing a Workers Compensation Claim in Ramsey, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just another reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Ramsey, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you visit your own for a second opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Ramsey, IL. Your family and friends may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Ramsey, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our workers compensation lawyers in Ramsey, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.