Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Shipman, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Shipman, IL. Our firm offers legal assistance to injured workers in both Missouri and Illinois. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It’s essential that you contact Drummond Law’s Shipman, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys now if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, our legal team has the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Shipman, IL, work comp lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Work is dangerous no matter what industry you’re in, and there are a number of common injuries. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. Regarding injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s important to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Our workers compensation lawyers in Shipman, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Shipman, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp works differently in various states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies offers vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, the employer will pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have the opportunity to receive vocational education to help you find a new career path.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Work Comp Claim in Shipman, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois can be complex, which is just another reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Shipman, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer if they want to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Shipman, IL. Your family and friends might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Shipman, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s work comp lawyers in Shipman, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.