Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Girard, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Girard, IL. Drummond Law provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It is crucial that you contact Drummond Law’s Girard, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys right away if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, Drummond Law’s legal team have the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Girard, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt on the job. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. Regarding injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Girard, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Girard, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp is different in different states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies will offer vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, the employer will pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have the opportunity to receive vocational education in order to fit into a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for any mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers compensation insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Workers Compensation Claim in Girard, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois can be complicated, which is just another reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Girard, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Girard, IL. Your family and friends may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Girard, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s work comp attorneys in Girard, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.