Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Wenonah, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Wenonah, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It’s crucial that you contact our Wenonah, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys now if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, Drummond Law’s legal team has the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Wenonah, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
There are dozens of ways you can be injured on the job. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. Regarding injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s important to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Wenonah, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Wenonah, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp works differently in different states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company offers vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, an employer will pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have an opportunity to get vocational education in order to fit into a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. This can include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Work Comp Claim in Wenonah, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois can be complex, which is just one more reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Wenonah, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, though it is recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Wenonah, IL. Your friends and family may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Wenonah, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s work comp lawyers in Wenonah, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.