Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Scottsville, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Scottsville, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our job to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It’s essential that you contact our Scottsville, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys now if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, our legal team has the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Scottsville, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. Regarding injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Our workers compensation lawyers in Scottsville, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Scottsville, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp is different in various states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies will offer vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, an employer has to pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have an opportunity to get vocational education in order to get a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. This can include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Pursuing a Workers Compensation Claim in Scottsville, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois can be complex, which is just another reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Scottsville, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, though it is recommended that you visit your own for another opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Scottsville, IL. Your friends and family might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Scottsville, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s workers compensation attorneys in Scottsville, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.