Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Standard City, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Standard City, IL. Drummond Law provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It is critical that you contact Drummond Law’s Standard City, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers right away if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, Drummond Law’s legal team has the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Standard City, IL, work comp attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. In terms of injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s important to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Standard City, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Standard City, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp works differently in different states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company will offer vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, an employer will pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have an opportunity to receive vocational education to fit into a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for any mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. This can include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Pursuing a Workers Compensation Claim in Standard City, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois is complex, which is just one more reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Standard City, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you see your own for a second opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Standard City, IL. Your family and friends may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Standard City, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our work comp lawyers in Standard City, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.