Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Chesterfield, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Chesterfield, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It is critical that you contact our Chesterfield, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers now if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, our legal team has the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Chesterfield, IL, work comp lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
There are dozens of ways you can be injured on the job. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. Regarding injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Chesterfield, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Chesterfield, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation is different in various states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies offers vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, the employer has to pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have the opportunity to receive vocational education to fit into a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Workers Compensation Claim in Chesterfield, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just one more reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Chesterfield, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you visit your own for a second opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Chesterfield, IL. Your family and friends may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Chesterfield, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s work comp lawyers in Chesterfield, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.