Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Pana, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Pana, IL. Our firm offers legal assistance to injured workers in both Missouri and Illinois. It’s our job to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It is essential that you contact our Pana, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers now if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, Drummond Law’s legal team have the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Pana, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt on the job. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. Regarding injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Pana, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Pana, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation is different in different states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a list of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies will offer vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, the employer will pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have the opportunity to receive vocational education to help you find a new career path.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers compensation insurance covers partial to full medical care. This can include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Workers Compensation Claim in Pana, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois is complex, which is just one more reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Pana, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you visit your own for another opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Pana, IL. Your friends and family might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Pana, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our workers compensation lawyers in Pana, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.