Workers Comp Lawyer, Taylorville, IL
Workers Comp Attorney
Workers Comp Lawyer in Taylorville, IL. The Taylorville, IL, Workers Comp Lawyers at Drummond Law are devoted to fighting for workers compensation victims in IL. Whether you suffered catastrophic back injuries, memory loss, or other severe injuries, our attorneys can make sure that you are protected from your employer and that your claim has the best odds of recovering compensation. If you suffered injuries in a work-related accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Taylorville Workers Comp Lawyers at 800-842-0426 today for a free consultation. Our IL Workers Compensation Firm also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Drummond Law has represented workers comp claims in Taylorville, IL, for more than four decades. Our attorneys have the resources required to comfortably get you and your family through this difficult period in your life. If you were the victim of a work-related accident and need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Taylorville, IL, to represent your case, connect with Drummond Law today for a no-risk case review.
IL Workers Comp Claims
There are many different ways that a worker could become injured on the job. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the most job-related fatalities are caused in positions involving manual labor, such as agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation.
The most common work-related injuries include:
- Repetitive overuse injuries
- Slip and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Heavy machinery caused injuries
- Forklift and company vehicle injuries
- Lack of security
- Toxic exposure
It’s never a good idea to brush aside work-related injuries, no matter how small they seem. Some injuries, such as whiplash and back pain can be delayed and take weeks to present themselves after an accident. The best way to make sure that you are protected after a work-related accident is by reporting incidents to your employer immediately and documenting any symptoms you have after an accident. If symptoms last for more than a week after a workplace accident, or your condition worsens, you need to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Taylorville, IL, and file a claim. Drummond Law’s workers’ comp attorneys understand how difficult it can be to suffer injuries in a workplace accident, and are ready to offer legal guidance and access to whatever resources you need during this challenging time in your life.
Workers Compensation Settlements
The statute of limitations for workers compensation claims isn’t the same in each state. In IL, employees injured at work have two months from the date of an accident to file a worker’s compensation claim. Beyond this time frame, victims, no matter the status of their injuries, forfeit all rights to compensation. The following are some of the most common recoverable damages for workers compensation injuries:
- Medical Expenses: compensation for medical care associated with work-related injuries. After a work accident, you need to hold on to any medical bills, medication receipts, and other documentation of treatment for your injuries
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In many states, injured workers can recover compensation for vocational rehabilitation if they are no longer able to perform the duties of their existing job
- Mileage Reimbursement: if you’ve had to use your own vehicle, or pay for transportation to different doctors appointments related to the treatment of your work-related injuries, you could recover compensation for mileage and transportation costs
- Pain and Suffering: prolonged mental, emotional, or physical distress from the accident; pain and suffering can be proven with documentation from a therapist, psychiatrist, or other medical personnel
- Lost Wages: if you missed work because of your workers comp injuries, and are having a difficult time being approved for SSD, a Workers Comp Lawyer in Taylorville can help you make a strong claim for loss of income associated with the accident
To maximize the number of damages you can recover, it’s essential to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Taylorville, IL, at the first sign of any trouble with your worker’s compensation claim. Drummond Law is committed to making the workers compensation process as seamless as possible for IL workers injured on the job and is available to answer any questions or concerns that you might have about your worker’s comp claim.
Workers Comp Attorneys, Taylorville, IL
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, because of heavy equipment or machinery, or due to your employer’s negligence, you could be entitled to partial or total SSD benefits depending on the nature of your injuries. Our Workers Comp Attorneys in Taylorville can help you navigate the workers’ compensation process and bring a strong claim against your employer for damages.
Workers comp settlements in Taylorville, IL, can range significantly, with some claims receiving thousands of dollars. If you need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Taylorville, IL, to represent your workplace injury claim, call 800-842-0426 or contact Drummond Law today for a free case review. Our lawyers will do anything in their power to recover SSD and SSI benefits for your claim.