Workers Comp Lawyer, Nilwood, IL
Workers Comp Attorney
Workers Comp Lawyer in Nilwood, IL. The Nilwood, IL, Workers Comp Lawyers at Drummond Law are devoted to fighting for workers compensation victims in IL. Whether you suffered catastrophic back injuries, memory loss, or other severe injuries, our attorneys can make sure that you are protected from your employer and that your claim has the best odds of recovering compensation. If you were the victim of a workplace accident and need help recovering compensation for your injuries, call our Nilwood Workers Comp Lawyers at 800-842-0426 today for a free case review. Our IL Workers Compensation Firm also specializes in Social Security Disability assistance.
When you choose Drummond Law to represent your workers’ comp claim in Nilwood, you are choosing a firm that has over 40 years of experience, and the resources needed to help you and your family during this challenging time. If you were the victim of a work-related accident and need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Nilwood, IL, to defend your case, contact Drummond Law today for a no-risk case review.
IL Workers Comp Claims
There are many different ways that a person could injuries in a work-related accident. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the most workplace fatalities are caused in positions involving manual labor, such as agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation.
The most common work-related injuries include:
- Repetitive overuse injuries
- Slip and falls
- Improperly stored or maintained equipment
- Machinery-related injuries
- Forklift and company vehicle injuries
- Lack of security
- Toxic exposure
It’s never a good idea to brush aside work-related injuries, no matter how small they seem. Some injuries, such as whiplash and back pain can be delayed and take weeks to present themselves after an accident. The best way to make sure that you are protected after a work-related accident is by reporting incidents to your employer immediately and documenting any symptoms you have after an accident. If symptoms last for more than a week after a workplace accident, or your condition worsens, you need to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Nilwood, IL, and file a claim. Drummond Law’s workers’ comp attorneys understand how difficult it can be to suffer injuries in a workplace accident, and are ready to offer legal guidance and access to whatever resources you need during this challenging time in your life.
Workers Compensation Settlements
Workers’ compensation regulations are different in every state. In IL, injured workers must file a workers comp claim within two months of a workplace accident. Beyond this time limit, victims, no matter the status of their injuries, forfeit all rights to SSD or SSI benefits. The following are some of the most common damages recovered in workers comp claims in IL:
- Medical Care: reimbursement for medical care, including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, medication, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL law allows workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will pay for you to study a new trade until you find a suitable job replacement
- Mileage Reimbursement: if you’ve had to use your own vehicle, or pay for transportation to different doctors appointments related to the treatment of your work-related injuries, you could recover compensation for mileage and transportation costs
- Pain and Suffering: prolonged mental, emotional, or physical distress from the accident; pain and suffering can be proven with documentation from a therapist, psychiatrist, or other medical personnel
- Lost Wages: if you experienced lost wages after a work-related accident, and are having a challenging time being approved for SSD, a Workers Comp Lawyer in Nilwood can help you make a strong claim for lost wages attributed to the accident
To maximize the number of damages you can recover, it’s essential to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Nilwood, IL, at the first sign of any trouble with your worker’s compensation claim. Drummond Law is committed to making the workers compensation process as seamless as possible for IL workers injured on the job and is available to answer any questions or concerns that you might have about your worker’s comp claim.
Workers Comp Attorneys, Nilwood, IL
In IL, if you are injured in a work-related slip and fall, heavy machinery, or another preventable accident caused by another person’s negligence, you could be entitled to partial or total social security disability benefits depending on the nature of your injuries. Our Workers Comp Attorneys in Nilwood are dedicated to helping IL residents navigate the workers’ compensation process and recover the maximum amount of damages for their harm and losses.
On average, workers comp claims in Nilwood, IL, can range significantly, with some claims receiving thousands of dollars. If you need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Nilwood, IL, to represent your workplace injury claim, call 800-842-0426 or contact Drummond Law today for a free case review. Our attorneys will do anything they can to recover SSD and SSI benefits for your claim.