Workers Comp Lawyer, Gillespie, IL
Workers Comp Attorney
Workers Comp Lawyer in Gillespie, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to injured workers in Illinois. Our Workers Comp Lawyers in Gillespie are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace accident, whether you were injured in a slip and fall accident, due to heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to toxic chemicals. If you suffered injuries in a work-related accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Gillespie Workers Comp Lawyers at 800-842-0426 today for a free consultation. Our IL Workers Compensation Firm also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Drummond Law has represented workers comp claims in Gillespie, IL, for more than four decades. Our attorneys have the resources required to comfortably get you and your family through this difficult period in your life. If you suffered injuries in a work accident and need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Gillespie, IL, to defend your case, contact Drummond Law today for a no-risk case review.
IL Workers Comp Claims
There are countless ways that a person could become injured on the job. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the most job-related fatalities occur in occupations involving manual labor, such as agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation.
The most common work-related injuries include:
- Repetitive overuse injuries
- Slip and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Forklift and company vehicle injuries
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
It’s never a good idea to brush aside work-related injuries, no matter how small they seem. Some injuries, such as whiplash and back pain can be delayed and take weeks to present themselves after an accident. After a work-related accident, even if you think your injuries are minor, it’s essential to document your symptoms and report the accident to your employer. Then, if pain from your work-related injuries is prolonged, you need to talk to a Workers Comp Lawyer in Gillespie and discuss the possibility of filing a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers’ comp lawyers are passionate about fighting for IL workers compensation claims and are dedicated to recovering the most compensation for workers injured on the job.
Workers Compensation Settlements
Workers’ compensation regulations are different in every state. In IL, employees injured at work have two months from the date of an accident to file a worker’s compensation claim. Beyond this time frame, victims, no matter the status of their injuries, forfeit all rights to SSD or SSI benefits. The following are some of the most common damages recovered in workers comp claims in IL:
- Medical Care: reimbursement for medical care, including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, medication, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL law allows workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will pay for you to study a new trade until you find a suitable job replacement
- Mileage Reimbursement: depending on the severity of your injuries, you might need to visit several treating physicians throughout the workers’ compensation claim process. You can receive reimbursement for mileage in IL
- Pain and Suffering: prolonged mental, emotional, or physical distress from the accident; distress can be proven with an assessment from a therapist, psychiatrist, or other medical personnel
- Lost Wages: if you missed work because of your workers comp injuries, and are having a difficult time being approved for SSD, a Workers Comp Lawyer in Gillespie can help you make a strong claim for lost wages attributed to the accident
To maximize the number of damages you can recover, it’s essential to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Gillespie, IL, at the first sign of any trouble with your worker’s compensation claim. Drummond Law is committed to making the workers compensation process as seamless as possible for IL workers injured on the job and is available to answer any questions or concerns that you might have about your work injury claim.
Workers Comp Attorneys, Gillespie, IL
In IL, if you are injured in a work-related slip and fall, heavy machinery, or another preventable accident caused by another person’s negligence, you could be entitled to partial or total social security disability benefits depending on the severity of your injuries. Our Workers Comp Attorneys in Gillespie are dedicated to helping IL residents navigate the workers’ compensation process and bring a strong claim against your employer for damages.
On average, workers comp claims in Gillespie, IL, can range significantly, with some claims receiving thousands of dollars. If you are ready to discuss your case with an IL Workers Comp Attorney, call 800-842-0426 or contact Drummond Law today for a free case review. Our attorneys will do anything they can to recover SSD and SSI benefits for your claim.