Workers Comp Lawyer, Vandalia, IL
Workers Comp Attorney
Workers Comp Lawyer in Vandalia, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to injured workers in Illinois. Our Workers Comp Lawyers in Vandalia are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace accident, whether you were injured in a slip and fall accident, due to heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to toxic chemicals. If you were the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Vandalia Workers Comp Lawyers at 800-842-0426 today for a no-risk case review. Our IL Workers Compensation Firm also specializes in Social Security Disability assistance.
Drummond Law has represented workers comp claims in Vandalia, IL, for more than four decades. Our attorneys have the resources required to comfortably get you and your family through this difficult period in your life. If you were the victim of a work-related accident and need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Vandalia, IL, to defend your case, connect with Drummond Law today for a free case review.
IL Workers Comp Claims
There are many different ways that a person could injuries in a work-related accident. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the most workplace fatalities are caused in positions involving manual labor, such as agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation.
The most common workers comp injuries include:
- Repetitive overuse injuries
- Slip and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Lack of security
- Occupational exposure injuries
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. After a work-related accident, even if you think your injuries are minor, it’s essential to document your symptoms and report the accident to your employer. If symptoms last for more than a week after a workplace accident, or your condition worsens, you need to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Vandalia, IL, and file a claim. Drummond Law’s workers’ comp lawyers understand how difficult it can be to suffer injuries in a workplace accident, and are ready to offer legal guidance and access to whatever resources you need during this challenging time in your life.
Workers Compensation Settlements
Workers’ compensation regulations are different in every state. In IL, employees injured at work have two months from the date of an accident to file a worker’s compensation claim. Beyond this time frame, victims, regardless of their injuries, forfeit all rights to SSD or SSI benefits. The following are some of the most common damages recovered in workers comp claims in IL:
- Medical Care: compensation for medical care associated with work-related injuries. After a work accident, you need to hold on to any medical bills, medication receipts, and other documentation of treatment for your injuries
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In many states, injured workers can recover compensation for vocational rehabilitation if they are no longer able to perform the duties of their existing job
- Mileage Reimbursement: if you’ve had to use your own vehicle, or pay for transportation to different doctors appointments related to the treatment of your work-related injuries, you could recover compensation for mileage and transportation costs
- Pain and Suffering: ongoing mental, emotional, or physical distress from the accident; pain and suffering can be proven with an assessment from a therapist, psychiatrist, or other medical personnel
- Lost Wages: if you experienced lost wages after a work-related accident, and are having a difficult time getting SSD, a Workers Comp Lawyer in Vandalia can help you make a strong claim for loss of income associated with the accident
To maximize the number of damages you can recover, it’s essential to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Vandalia, IL, at the first sign of any trouble with your worker’s compensation claim. Drummond Law is committed to making the workers compensation process as seamless as possible for IL workers injured on the job and is available to answer any questions or concerns that you might have about your worker’s comp claim.
Workers Comp Attorneys, Vandalia, IL
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, because of heavy equipment or machinery, or due to your employer’s negligence, you could be entitled to partial or total social security disability benefits depending on the severity of your injuries. Our Workers Comp Attorneys in Vandalia are dedicated to helping IL residents navigate the workers’ compensation process and recover the maximum amount of damages for their harm and losses.
On average, workers comp claims in Vandalia, IL, can range significantly, with some claims receiving thousands of dollars. If you need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Vandalia, IL, to represent your workplace injury claim, call 800-842-0426 or contact Drummond Law today for a risk-free consultation. Our attorneys will do anything in their power to recover SSD and SSI benefits for your claim.