Providing Legal Representation for those Hurt at Work, Coles County, IL
Workers Comp Lawyer
Workers Comp Lawyer Coles County, IL. When an illness or injury occurs while at work, you have every right to seek compensation so that you can continue to provide for you and your family. Drummond Law offers legal guidance to injured workers in Coles County, IL. Our talented and experienced workers comp lawyer staff near Coles County, IL, is passionate about protecting you and your family in Coles County, IL, after a workplace accident, whether you were injured in a slip and fall accident, due to heavy machinery or equipment, or susceptibility to harmful chemicals.
If you sustained injuries in a work-related accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Drummond Law workers comp lawyer today at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a no-risk consultation. Our Southern Illinois workers compensation firm also offers Social Security Disability assistance, as well as several other areas of practice.
Drummond Law has represented workers’ compensation claims in Southern Illinois near Coles County, IL, for over four decades. Our lawyers have the resources necessary to get you and your family through this difficult period in your life. If you are a victim of a work-related accident and need a knowledgeable workers comp lawyer near Coles County, IL, to represent your case, connect with Drummond Law now or call us at 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
Coles County, IL Workers Comp Lawyer: Illinois Workers Comp Claims
There are varying ways that a person can suffer injuries in a work-related accident. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the majority of job-related deaths occur in occupations involving manual labor, such as agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation.
A study published in 2020 in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, and analyzed by Eastern Kentucky University, identified these most common workers comp injuries, along with the percentage of total, national workers’ comp claims:
- Strains (30.06% of workers’ comp claims)
- Contusions (20.83% of claims)
- Lacerations (11.79% of claims)
- Sprains (8.85% of claims)
- Punctures (5.50% of claims)
However, other hazards can be prevalent on the job. Employees such as healthcare personnel, sanitation workers, factory employees, or construction workers are exposed to dangerous occupational hazards, possibly on a consistent basis, that can result in occupational disease. Our skilled workers comp lawyer at Drummond Law can help establish occupational illness. Call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Coles County, IL Workers Comp Lawyer: What is an Occupational Disease?
According to Illinois statutory law, an employee is deemed to have contracted an occupational disease when they suffered a disease after being exposed to hazards in the workplace. While the statute doesn’t outright define the diseases, the condition must have become debilitating due to a task at hand that the job requires. Dangers in the workplace that can lead to an occupational illness include:
- Chemical or radioactive exposure
- Gasoline, fuel, or other diesel exposure
- Factory smoke
- Particles in the air from construction
- Latex allergens
- Bloodborne infectious diseases
According to the Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC), as well as data from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), nearly 30 percent of all adult asthma and COPD cases directly correlate to occupational diseases. The NIOSH states that more than 20 million U.S. employees work in an environment that places them at risk for airway diseases. Common occupational diseases our workers comp lawyer has seen near Coles County, IL are:
In addition to our experienced workers comp lawyer team, Drummond Law provides our Coles County, IL clients the following legal services:
- Disability Attorney
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Coles County, IL Workers Comp Lawyer: Workers Compensation Costs
The costs associated with work injuries are astronomical. In the latest data from the National Safety Council the total cost of work injuries was $171 billion in 2019, which amounts to $1,100 per worker and $1.2 million per death. The total includes wage and productivity losses ($53.9 billion), medical expenses ($35.5 billion), administrative expenses ($59.7 billion), and employers’ uninsured costs ($13.3 billion).
According to a recent report from the National Council on Compensation Insurance, the average cost for all workers’ compensation claims in 2018-2019 was $42,008. In accompanying data from the NSC, the most costly lost-time workers’ compensation claims result from:
- Motor Vehicle Crashes (averaging $81,971)
- Burns ($58,284)
- Falls or Slips ($47,681)
- Caught ($45,255)
- Struck By ($39,509)
- Miscellaneous Cause ($36,414)
It’s never a good idea to brush aside work-related injuries, no matter how small they seem. Some injuries, such as whiplash and back pain can have delayed symptoms and take weeks to present themselves after an accident. After a work-related accident, it’s important|essential to document your pain and symptoms. Here are important steps to follow:
- Notify your manager, human resources representative, or employer about the injury — You should also insist they fill out an accident report as soon as possible. Furthermore, it is good practice to give them a written notice within 45 days of the incident detailing the date of the accident and a short description of the injury.
- Get medical treatment as soon as possible — Inform the doctor that the injury happened while at work and tell them the name of your employer. Also, be sure to follow all of the doctor’s orders for treatment, because failure to do so may jeopardize your claim.
- Keep track of ALL copies of present and past healthcare reports — No piece of information is unimportant when it comes to your wellbeing and health.
- File an Application for Adjustment of Claim — If you feel your employer may resist paying for your treatments now or in the future, you will want to have your workers comp lawyer at Drummond Law near Coles County, IL, file this form.
- Ensure that your employer reports your injury to the workers’ compensation insurance company — They’ll look over your claim and you will receive either an approval or contest of the claim.
- Contact a qualified work comp lawyer in Coles County, IL — Our law firm handles workers’ compensation claims against state and local government employers, private industry, and more.
The Drummond Law workers comp lawyers near Coles County, IL realize how difficult it can be to suffer injuries in a workplace accident and are able to offer legal guidance and access to whatever resources you need during this challenging time in your life. Give us a call now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Coles County, IL Workers Comp Lawyer: Compensation Settlements
Workers compensation settlements in Southern Illinois can vary significantly, with some claims receiving thousands of dollars. If you need a workers comp lawyer in Southern Illinois to represent your workers comp claim, call 844-706-7710 or contact Drummond Law near Coles County, IL, today for a risk-free consultation. Our lawyers will do everything in their power to recover SSD and SSI benefits for your claim in Coles County, IL, too.
The statute of limitations for workers’ compensation claims varies in each state. In Illinois, employees injured at work have three years from the date of an accident to file a workers’ compensation claim, or two years from the last date that you received disability pay or a medical bill was paid for you. In Missouri, you have two years from the date of the accident. After these time frames expire however, victims in Coles County, IL, regardless of their injuries, forfeit all rights to SSD or SSI benefits. If you have any questions about statutory laws, or any questions for that matter, give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
The following are some of the most common damages recovered in workers comp claims near Coles County, IL:
- Medical Care: Compensation for medical care associated with work-related injuries. After a work accident, you need to hold on to any medical bills, medication receipts, and other documentation of treatment for your injuries near Coles County, IL.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Illinois law allows workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will pay for you to study a new trade near Coles County, IL, until you find a suitable job replacement.
- Mileage Reimbursement: Depending on the severity of your injuries, you might need to visit several treating physicians nowhere near Coles County, IL, throughout the workers’ compensation claim process. You can receive reimbursement for mileage in Illinois.
- Pain and Suffering: Ongoing mental, emotional, or physical distress from the accident; distress can be proven with an assessment from a therapist, psychiatrist, or other medical personnel.
- Lost Wages: If you experienced lost wages after a work-related accident, and are having a challenging time being approved for SSD near Coles County, IL, a workers comp lawyer at Drummond Law in Southern Illinois near Coles County, IL, can help you make a compelling claim for lost wages attributed to the accident
To maximize the number of damages you can recover, it’s essential to consult a workers comp lawyer near Coles County, IL, at the first sign of any trouble with your workers’ compensation claim. Drummond Law fights for the rights of injured workers and is available to answer any questions or concerns that you might have about your work injury claim. Call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
Coles County, IL Workers Comp Lawyer | Drummond Law in Litchfield, IL
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident near Coles County, IL, because of heavy equipment or machinery, or due to your employer’s negligence, you could be entitled to partial or total social security disability benefits, depending on the nature of your injuries. Our workers comp attorneys near Coles County, IL can help you navigate the workers’ compensation process and bring a strong claim against your employer for damages.
The Drummond Law workers comp lawyer team has over 40 years of experience fighting for our Coles County, IL clients who were hurt while at work. That should never happen. To speak with our workers comp lawyer for a free case review in Coles County, IL, don’t hesitate to contact us or call today at at 844-706-7710.