Workers Comp Lawyer, Staunton, IL
Workers Comp Attorney
Workers Comp Lawyer in Staunton, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to injured workers in Illinois. Our Workers Comp Lawyers in Staunton are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace accident, whether you were injured in a slip and fall accident, due to heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to toxic chemicals. If you suffered injuries in a work-related accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Staunton Workers Comp Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a free consultation. Our IL Workers Compensation Firm also specializes in Social Security Disability assistance.
Drummond Law has represented workers comp claims in Staunton, IL, for more than four decades. Our attorneys have the resources required to comfortably get you and your family through this difficult period in your life. If you were the victim of a work-related accident and need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Staunton, IL, to defend your case, connect with Drummond Law today for a no-risk case review.
IL Workers Comp Claims
There are many different ways that a person could injuries in a work-related accident. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the most workplace fatalities are caused in positions involving manual labor, such as agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation.
The most common work-related injuries include:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slips, trips, and falls caused by a lack of safety signs
- Improperly stored or maintained equipment
- Heavy machinery caused injuries
- Forklift and company vehicle injuries
- Lack of security
- Occupational exposure injuries
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. The best way to make sure that you are protected after a work-related accident is by reporting incidents to your employer immediately and documenting any symptoms you have after an accident. If symptoms last for more than a week after a workplace accident, or your condition worsens, you need to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Staunton, IL, and file a claim. Drummond Law’s workers’ comp lawyers understand how difficult it can be to suffer injuries in a workplace accident, and are ready to offer legal guidance and access to whatever resources you need during this challenging time in your life.
Workers Compensation Settlements
The statute of limitations for workers compensation claims isn’t the same in each state. In IL, injured workers must file a workers comp claim within two months of a workplace accident. Beyond this time limit, victims, regardless of their injuries, forfeit all rights to compensation. The following are some of the most common damages recovered in workers comp claims in IL:
- Medical Care: reimbursement for medical care, including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, medication, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL law allows workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will pay for you to study a new trade until you find a suitable job replacement
- Mileage Reimbursement: depending on the severity of your injuries, you might need to visit several treating physicians throughout the workers’ compensation claim process. You can receive reimbursement for mileage in IL
- Pain and Suffering: ongoing mental, emotional, or physical distress from the accident; pain and suffering can be proven with documentation from a therapist, psychiatrist, or other medical personnel
- Lost Wages: if you missed work because of your workers comp injuries, and are having a difficult time being approved for SSD, a Workers Comp Lawyer in Staunton can help you make a compelling claim for lost wages attributed to the accident
At the first sign of challenges with your workers compensation claim, you need to talk to a Workers Comp Lawyer in Staunton, IL. Drummond Law fights for the rights of injured workers and is available to answer any questions or concerns that you might have about your work injury claim.
Workers Comp Attorneys, Staunton, IL
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, because of heavy equipment or machinery, or due to your employer’s negligence, you could be entitled to partial or total SSD benefits depending on the nature of your injuries. Our Workers Comp Attorneys in Staunton are dedicated to helping IL residents navigate the workers’ compensation process and bring a strong claim against your employer for damages.
Workers comp settlements in Staunton, IL, can range significantly, with some claims receiving thousands of dollars. If you need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Staunton, IL, to represent your workplace injury claim, call 844-706-7710 or contact Drummond Law today for a risk-free consultation. Our attorneys will do anything they can to recover social security disability for your workplace injuries.