Workers Comp Lawyer, Scottsville, IL
Workers Comp Attorney
Workers Comp Lawyer in Scottsville, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to injured workers in Illinois. Our Workers Comp Lawyers in Scottsville are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace accident, whether you were injured in a slip and fall accident, due to heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to toxic chemicals. If you were the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Scottsville Workers Comp Lawyers at 800-842-0426 today for a no-risk case review. Our IL Workers Compensation Firm also specializes in Social Security Disability assistance.
When you choose Drummond Law to represent your workers’ comp claim in Scottsville, you are choosing a firm that has over 40 years of experience, and the resources needed to help you and your family during this challenging time. If you suffered injuries in a work accident and need a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Scottsville, IL, to represent your case, connect with Drummond Law today for a free case review.
IL Workers Comp Claims
There are countless ways that a person could injuries in a work-related accident. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the most job-related fatalities are caused in positions involving manual labor, such as agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation.
The most common workers comp injuries include:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slip and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Forklift and company vehicle injuries
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
It’s never a good idea to brush aside work-related injuries, no matter how small they seem. Some injuries, such as whiplash and back pain can be delayed and take weeks to present themselves after an accident. After a work-related accident, even if you think your injuries are minor, it’s essential to document your symptoms and report the accident to your employer. If symptoms last for more than a week after a workplace accident, or your condition worsens, you need to consult a Workers Comp Lawyer in Scottsville, IL, and file a claim. Drummond Law’s workers’ comp attorneys understand how difficult it can be to suffer injuries in a workplace accident, and are ready to offer legal guidance and access to whatever resources you need during this challenging time in your life.
Workers Compensation Settlements
Workers’ compensation regulations are different in every state. In IL, injured workers must file a workers comp claim within two months of a workplace accident. Beyond this time limit, victims, no matter the status of their injuries, forfeit all rights to SSD or SSI benefits. The following are some of the most common damages recovered in workers comp claims in IL:
- Medical Care: reimbursement for medical care, including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, medication, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In many states, injured workers can recover compensation for vocational rehabilitation if they are no longer able to perform the duties of their existing job
- Mileage Reimbursement: if you’ve had to use your own vehicle, or pay for transportation to different doctors appointments related to the treatment of your work-related injuries, you could recover compensation for mileage and transportation costs
- Pain and Suffering: prolonged mental, emotional, or physical distress from the accident; pain and suffering can be proven with an assessment from a therapist, psychiatrist, or other medical personnel
- Lost Wages: if you experienced lost wages after a work-related accident, and are having a difficult time being approved for SSD, a Workers Comp Lawyer in Scottsville can help you make a strong claim for lost wages attributed to the accident
At the first sign of challenges with your workers compensation claim, you need to talk to a Workers Comp Lawyer in Scottsville, IL. Drummond Law is committed to making the workers compensation process as seamless as possible for IL workers injured on the job and is available to answer any questions or concerns that you might have about your work injury claim.
Workers Comp Attorneys, Scottsville, IL
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, because of heavy equipment or machinery, or due to your employer’s negligence, you could be entitled to partial or total SSD benefits depending on the nature of your injuries. Our Workers Comp Attorneys in Scottsville can help you navigate the workers’ compensation process and recover the maximum amount of damages for their harm and losses.
On average, workers comp claims in Scottsville, IL, can range significantly, with some claims receiving thousands of dollars. If you are ready to discuss your case with an IL Workers Comp Attorney, call 800-842-0426 or contact Drummond Law today for a free case review. Our attorneys will do anything in their power to recover social security disability for your workplace injuries.