Work Injury Lawyer in Coffeen, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Coffeen, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Coffeen are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Coffeen Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Coffeen?
If you’ve been injured on the job, it’s crucial to stay on top of it. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re a victim in a workplace accident, your initial priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Talk to a worker’s compensation attorney
Our Coffeen, IL, work injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact our firm today to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. A few of the common ones we see include the following:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. It’s important to report and identify risks and causes of injuries so they can be prevented in the future. It’s our Coffeen, IL, work injury attorneys’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The attorneys at Drummond Law will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn’t be complicated; we need certain information to proceed. Typically, during discovery, this may include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to make sure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Coffeen, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Disability Attorney
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Workplace Injury Damages
As we’ve discussed, our Coffeen, IL, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help victims get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care that could include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you’re expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For instance, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Coffeen, IL, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyers in Coffeen, IL today for more information.
Contact Your Coffeen, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law now. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It’s crucial to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Coffeen, IL, are on your side.