Work Injury Lawyer in Radford, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Radford, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Worker’s Compensation Lawyers in Radford are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Radford Work Injury Lawyers at 800-842-0426 now for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Radford
If you’re ever injured at work, it’s crucial to think ahead. A major step is to document everything. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re in a work-related accident and have been injured, your priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Contact a work injury attorney
Drummond Law’s Radford, IL, work injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact Drummond Law now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of circumstances can lead to a workplace accident. A few of the common ones we see include the following:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. It’s important to report and identify risks and causes of injuries so they can be prevented in the future. It’s our Radford, IL, work injury attorneys’ jobs to help you if an accident happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our attorneys will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to proceed. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations on work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to make sure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Radford, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Disability Attorney
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, our Radford, IL, work injury lawyers will do what we can to help victims receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Radford, IL, work injury attorneys now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyers in Radford, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Radford, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Today
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law now. Call 800-842-0426 or reach out on our website. It’s important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Radford, IL, are on your side.