Work Injury Lawyer in Bunker Hill, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Bunker Hill, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Bunker Hill are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Bunker Hill Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Bunker Hill?
If you’re ever injured at work, it’s crucial to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This may include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re in a work-related accident and have been injured, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Contact a work injury attorney
Our Bunker Hill, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact Drummond Law today to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of circumstances can lead to a workplace accident. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. From a post-injury perspective, it’s important to report causes of injuries and other risk factors to prevent them from happening. It is our Bunker Hill, IL, work injury attorneys’ jobs to help you if an accident happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our attorneys will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to proceed. Typically, during discovery, this might include the following items:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to make sure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Our firm specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Workers Comp Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Workers Compensation Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, our Bunker Hill, IL, work injury attorneys will do everything we can to help victims get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that may include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you’re expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Bunker Hill, IL, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL today for more information.
Contact Your Bunker Hill, IL, Work Injury Lawyers Today
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Drummond Law today. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It’s important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL, are on your side.