Work Injury Lawyer in Hillsboro, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Hillsboro, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Worker’s Compensation Lawyers in Hillsboro are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Hillsboro Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Hillsboro
If you’re ever injured at work, it’s very important to think ahead. A major step is to document everything. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re a victim in a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Reach out to a work injury attorney
Drummond Law’s Hillsboro, IL, work injury lawyers are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact Drummond Law now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of circumstances can lead to a workplace accident. A few of the common ones we see include the following:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. From a post-injury perspective, it’s important to report causes of injuries and other risk factors to prevent them from happening. It is our Hillsboro, IL, work injury lawyers’ jobs to help you if an accident happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The attorneys at Drummond Law will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn’t be complicated; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this may include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations on worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Hillsboro, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Workers Comp Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Workers Compensation Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Drummond Law’s Hillsboro, IL, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help you receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that could include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you’re expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Hillsboro, IL, work injury attorneys now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyers in Hillsboro, IL today for more information.
Contact Your Hillsboro, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Today
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Drummond Law today. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It’s essential to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Hillsboro, IL, are on your side.