Work Injury Lawyer in Raymond, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Raymond, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Worker’s Compensation Lawyers in Raymond are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Raymond Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Raymond
If you’re ever injured at work, it’s essential to stay on top of it. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This may include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re a victim in a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Talk to a worker’s compensation lawyer
Our Raymond, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact our firm now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of circumstances can lead to a workplace accident. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. From a post-injury perspective, it’s important to report causes of injuries and other risk factors to prevent them from happening. It is our Raymond, IL, work injury lawyers’ jobs to help you if an accident happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The attorneys at Drummond Law will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn’t be complicated; we need certain information to proceed. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to make sure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Raymond, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Disability Attorney
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, our Raymond, IL, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help victims receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you’re expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For instance, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Raymond, IL, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Raymond, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Raymond, IL, Work Injury Lawyers Now
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law today. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It’s important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Raymond, IL, are on your side.