Work Injury Lawyer in Assumption, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Assumption, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Assumption are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Assumption Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Assumption?
If you’re ever injured at work, it’s very important to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re a victim in a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Contact a worker’s compensation lawyer
Our Assumption, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact our firm today to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of circumstances can lead to a workplace accident. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. From a post-injury perspective, it’s important to report causes of injuries and other risk factors to prevent them from happening. It’s our Assumption, IL, work injury attorneys’ jobs to help you if an accident happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our attorneys will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to make sure that you are protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Assumption, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get the damages you deserve.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Workers Comp Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Workers Compensation Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Drummond Law’s Assumption, IL, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help victims receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Assumption, IL, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Assumption, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Assumption, IL, Work Injury Lawyers Today
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law now. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It is important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Assumption, IL, are on your side.