Work Injury Lawyer in Springfield, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Springfield, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Worker’s Compensation Lawyers in Springfield are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Springfield Work Injury Lawyers at 800-842-0426 today for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Springfield
If you’ve been injured on the job, it’s crucial to think ahead. A major step is to document everything. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re a victim in a workplace accident, your initial priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Reach out to a worker’s compensation lawyer
Drummond Law’s Springfield, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact Drummond Law today to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of circumstances can lead to a workplace accident. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. It’s important to report and identify risks and causes of injuries so they can be prevented in the future. It is our Springfield, IL, work injury lawyers’ jobs to help you if an accident happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The attorneys at Drummond Law will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn’t be complicated; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this may include the following items:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to ensure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Springfield, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Workers Comp Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers
- Workers Compensation Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Lawyer
Workplace Injury Damages
As we’ve discussed, our Springfield, IL, work injury attorneys will do everything we can to help you receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Springfield, IL, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyers in Springfield, IL today for more information.
Contact Your Springfield, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Drummond Law now. Call 800-842-0426 or reach out on our website. It is important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Springfield, IL, are on your side.