Work Injury Lawyer in Kincaid, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Kincaid, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Kincaid are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Kincaid Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 now for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Kincaid?
If you’re ever injured at work, it is essential to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re in a work-related accident and have been injured, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Talk to a worker’s compensation lawyer
Our Kincaid, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact our firm now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
Any number of circumstances can lead to a workplace accident. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. From a post-injury perspective, it’s important to report causes of injuries and other risk factors to prevent them from happening. It is our Kincaid, IL, work injury lawyers’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our attorneys will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to proceed. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to ensure that you’re protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Kincaid, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Drummond Law’s Kincaid, IL, work injury lawyers will do what we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you’re expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For instance, if you’re unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Kincaid, IL, work injury attorneys now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Kincaid, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Kincaid, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Today
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law now. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It’s crucial to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Kincaid, IL, are on your side.