Work Injury Lawyer in Butler, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Butler, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Worker’s Compensation Lawyers in Butler are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Butler Work Injury Lawyers at 800-842-0426 now for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Butler
If you’ve been injured on the job, it’s essential to stay on top of it. A major step is to document everything. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re a victim in a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Talk to a work injury lawyer
Our Butler, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact our firm today to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. A few of the common ones we see include the following:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. It’s important to report and identify risks and causes of injuries so they can be prevented in the future. It is our Butler, IL, work injury lawyers’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The attorneys at Drummond Law will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn’t be complicated; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations on work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to make sure that you are protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Butler, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get the damages you deserve.
Our firm specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Workers Comp Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Workers Compensation Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As we’ve discussed, Drummond Law’s Butler, IL, work injury attorneys will do what we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care that may include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you’re expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For instance, if you’re unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Butler, IL, work injury attorneys now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Butler, IL today for more information.
Contact Your Butler, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Drummond Law today. Call 800-842-0426 or reach out on our website. It is important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Butler, IL, are on your side.