Work Injury Lawyer in St. Elmo, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in St. Elmo, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in St. Elmo are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our St. Elmo Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in St. Elmo
If you’ve been injured on the job, it is very important to stay on top of it. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re a victim in a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Contact a worker’s compensation attorney
Our St. Elmo, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact our firm today to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. It’s important to report and identify risks and causes of injuries so they can be prevented in the future. It’s our St. Elmo, IL, work injury attorneys’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our attorneys will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to proceed. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you’re protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in St. Elmo, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Our firm specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Disability Attorney
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, our St. Elmo, IL, work injury lawyers will do what we can to help victims get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care that could include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For instance, if you’re unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our St. Elmo, IL, work injury attorneys now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyers in St. Elmo, IL now for more information.
Contact Your St. Elmo, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Today
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law today. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It is essential to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in St. Elmo, IL, are on your side.