Work Injury Lawyer in Shipman, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Shipman, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Shipman are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Shipman Work Injury Lawyers at 800-842-0426 today for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Shipman?
If you’re ever injured at work, it is crucial to stay on top of it. A major step is to document everything. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you are a victim in a workplace accident, your initial priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Contact a work injury lawyer
Our Shipman, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact our firm now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. From a post-injury perspective, it’s important to report causes of injuries and other risk factors to prevent them from happening. It’s our Shipman, IL, work injury attorneys’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our attorneys will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this may include the following items:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to ensure that you’re protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Shipman, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get the damages you deserve.
Our firm specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Disability Attorney
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Drummond Law’s Shipman, IL, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Shipman, IL, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyers in Shipman, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Shipman, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law now. Call 800-842-0426 or reach out on our website. It is important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Shipman, IL, are on your side.