Work Injury Lawyer in Barr, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Barr, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Barr are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Barr Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 now for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Barr?
If you’re ever injured at work, it’s very important to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This may include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you are in a work-related accident and have been injured, your initial priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Contact a worker’s compensation attorney
Drummond Law’s Barr, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact Drummond Law now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. A few of the common ones we see include the following:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. It’s important to report and identify risks and causes of injuries so they can be prevented in the future. It’s our Barr, IL, work injury lawyers’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The attorneys at Drummond Law will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn’t be complicated; we need certain information to proceed. Typically, during discovery, this may include the following items:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations on work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to make sure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Barr, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Workers Comp Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Workers Compensation Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Drummond Law’s Barr, IL, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help victims get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that may include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Barr, IL, work injury attorneys now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyers in Barr, IL today for more information.
Contact Your Barr, IL, Work Injury Lawyers Today
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Drummond Law now. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It’s important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Barr, IL, are on your side.