Work Injury Lawyer in Girard, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Girard, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyers in Girard are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Girard Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 today for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Girard
If you’re ever injured at work, it is crucial to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This can include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you are in a work-related accident and have been injured, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Talk to a worker’s compensation lawyer
Drummond Law’s Girard, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact Drummond Law now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. A few of the common ones we see include the following:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. From a post-injury perspective, it’s important to report causes of injuries and other risk factors to prevent them from happening. It’s our Girard, IL, work injury attorneys’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The attorneys at Drummond Law will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn’t be complicated; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations on worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to make sure that you are protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Girard, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Our firm specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Workers Comp Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Workers Compensation Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Drummond Law’s Girard, IL, work injury lawyers will do what we can to help victims receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that may include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Girard, IL, work injury attorneys now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyers in Girard, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Girard, IL, Work Injury Lawyers Today
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law today. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It is important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Girard, IL, are on your side.