Work Injury Lawyer in Ramsey, IL
Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Work Injury Lawyer in Ramsey, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our Worker’s Compensation Lawyers in Ramsey are passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Ramsey Work Injury Lawyers at 844-706-7710 now for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Ramsey
If you’re ever injured at work, it’s crucial to stay on top of it. A major step is to document everything. This can include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you are in a work-related accident and have been injured, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Talk to a worker’s compensation attorney
Drummond Law’s Ramsey, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim’s family. Contact Drummond Law now to learn more about worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Common Workplace Accidents
There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. A few of the more common situations we see include:
- Repetitive trauma
- Slips and falls
- Contact with foreign objects
- Machinery-related injuries
- Work vehicle accidents
- Workplace violence
- Toxic exposure
Repetitive stress injuries are very common and variable. It’s important to report and identify risks and causes of injuries so they can be prevented in the future. It is our Ramsey, IL, work injury lawyers’ jobs to help you if something like this happens. An accident can be devastating if you can’t work. Let us know and we’ll do everything we can to help. Work injuries are serious and have major implications.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our attorneys will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn’t be complicated; we need certain information to move forward. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records – it’s important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History – proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2’s)
- Other Records – your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers’ compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause debilitating pain. There are statutes of limitations for worker’s compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to make sure that you’re protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Ramsey, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get the damages you deserve.
Drummond Law specializes in a number of different services, including:
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Workers Comp Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Workers Compensation Lawyers
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Drummond Law’s Ramsey, IL, work injury attorneys will do what we can to help victims get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care that may include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you’re expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For instance, if you’re unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Ramsey, IL, work injury attorneys now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you’re having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Ramsey, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Ramsey, IL, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Drummond Law now. Call 844-706-7710 or reach out on our website. It is crucial to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Drummond Law’s work injury lawyers in Ramsey, IL, are on your side.