Social Security Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyer in St. Elmo, IL
Disability lawyer in St. Elmo, IL. If you can’t work, we can help. Having a disability is already challenging enough, which is why we believe that getting legal help shouldn’t be. From filing the first Social Security Disability application to the appeals process and beyond, a skilled disability lawyer at Drummond Law knows how to present your case in the most favorable light that will help maximize your chances of being approved.
If you have an injury or medical condition that prevents you from living a healthy, productive life, you deserve help— not denial. It is our mission to work with the most vulnerable members of our community because we want to make a difference in their lives. To talk to a disability lawyer in St. Elmo, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case review.
Help From the Best Social Security Disability Lawyers in St. Elmo, IL
If you’re not able to make a living due to a disability, the stress of how you’re going to pay for your living essentials can be unbearable. We understand this strain on your mental and physical impairment as well as the emotional stress that comes with having to file for SSD benefits on top of that. You do not want to take any chances when filling out the application because your stability and financial future depend upon getting benefits from Social Security. Let us help!
A disability lawyer at Drummond Law will:
- Manage all aspects of filing your SSD claim for you
- Explain the filing process so you can be informed at every step
- Avoid the filing mistakes that often lead to a denial
- Gather all medical documents on your behalf
- Ensure your claim stays on track
- Give your case personalized attention
If you want to find out if you qualify, file an SSD claim, or appeal a wrongful denial, you should never go about it alone. Get help from the best Social Security Disability lawyers in St. Elmo, IL, now.
How to File a Social Security Disability Claim in St. Elmo, IL
Many individuals do not understand the complicated claim process and therefore they might make a fatal mistake that negates or jeopardizes their claim. Through our years of experience with these types of cases, we know the ins and outs of the entire process. We manage every portion of preparing a complete and thorough application, giving you the highest chance of success and saving you a tremendous amount of effort and time down the line.
Social Security has its own separate legal system, courts, and judges that complicate the process. You need documentation to show the severity of your condition, the associated treatments, the side effects, and your prognosis. Our Social Security Disability lawyers can not only help you gather this documentation but submit them properly.
We work side-by-side with you before, during, and after a claim is submitted. You will get to know our Social Security Disability lawyers personally as we navigate the complexities of the process together.
Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
The first step you should take is finding out if you are eligible. Social Security Disability is a safety net for millions of people, but just because you are disabled doesn’t mean you qualify.
You qualify for Social Security Disability if you:
- Are disabled – According to the SSA, a disability is the inability to do meaningful work because of a mental or physical impairment which will last longer than 12 months or is terminal. Common qualifying disabilities and conditions include clinical depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, fibromyalgia, lupus, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and spinal injuries or disorders.
- Worked in a job covered by Social Security Disability Insurance – SSDI doesn’t cover all positions and companies. You can find out if you are covered if you see a deduction for Social Security in your paychecks.
- Worked recently and long enough to build up a sufficient amount of work credits – You gain a credit by working and paying Social Security taxes. For instance, people aged 62 and older need a minimum of 40 work credits with at least 20 of those earned during the past 10 years. Younger workers can achieve eligibility with fewer credits.
The monthly payment amount you may receive is different for every individual and varies from one year to the next. Many Social Security recipients can possibly receive between $800 and $1,800 in a month.
There is a complicated weighted formula that the SSA uses to determine benefits, but the ultimate amount will depend on your earnings record. Get in touch with an SSD lawyer in St. Elmo, IL, to see how much your payment amount might be valued.
Denied Social Security Disability: What To Do
At Drummond Law, our lawyers know the impact that a denied Social Security Disability claim can have, especially when these benefits are your only source of income.
If you have been wrongfully denied SSDI benefits, you shouldn’t give up. Many people are denied the first time around because they have difficulty explaining the nature and extent of their disability alone. One of our disability lawyers can help!
We will help you submit a request for reconsideration within sixty days after your first application is denied. After this, our assistance will be valuable at every step in the entire appeal process, such as if/when a hearing becomes necessary. We will prepare you for every turn.
Once again, if you’ve been denied Social Security benefits, get in touch with a disability lawyer in St. Elmo, IL, as soon as possible! We’ll handle the rest.
Hire a Disability Lawyer | Contact Drummond Law
If you are thinking of submitting an SSD claim or have been denied, you should contact Drummond Law now!
Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people in Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to live happy, productive, and comfortable lives. To learn more from a disability lawyer in St. Elmo, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case evaluation.