Social Security Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyer in Clayton, MO
Disability lawyer in Clayton, MO. If you can’t work, we can help. Life with a disabling condition has many challenges, but getting the benefits and legal help you need shouldn’t be one of them. From filing the first Social Security Disability application to the hearing level and beyond, an experienced disability lawyer at Drummond Law knows how to present your case in the most favorable light that will help maximize your chances of being approved.
If you have a medical condition or injury that prevents you from leading a productive and healthy life, you deserve help— not denial. It is our mission to work with the most vulnerable members of our society because we want to make a difference in their lives. To get in touch with a disability lawyer in Clayton, MO, don’t hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case review.
How the Best Social Security Disability Lawyers in Clayton, MO, Can Help
If you’re not able to make a living due to a disability, the burden of how you’re going to pay your bills can be unbearable. We understand this strain on your mental and physical impairment as well as the emotional stress that comes with having to file for SSD benefits on top of that. You do not want to take any chances when filling out the application because your stability and financial future depend upon getting benefits from Social Security. Let us help!
A disability lawyer at Drummond Law will:
- Handle filing an SSD claim on your behalf
- Explain the filing process so you can be informed at every step
- Avoid the filing mistakes that often lead to a denial
- Gather all medical documents on your behalf
- Ensure your claim stays on track
- Give you customized attention
If you want to find out if you are eligible, get help filing a claim, or appeal a denial, you should never go about it alone. Get help from the best Social Security Disability lawyers in Clayton, MO, now.
How to File a Social Security Disability Claim in Clayton, MO
Many individuals do not understand the complicated claim process and therefore they might make a fatal mistake that negates or jeopardizes their claim. For over five decades, we have worked with these types of cases and know the ins and outs of the system. We handle all aspects of preparing a thorough and complete application so that you have the best chance of approval the first time around, saving you a tremendous amount of effort and time down the line.
Social Security has its own separate courts, judges, and overall legal system that make the process complicated. You are required to show documentation that demonstrates the symptoms of your conditions, their severity, the side effects, the treatments, and your future prognosis. Our Social Security Disability lawyers can not only help you gather this documentation but submit them in the proper fashion.
We work side-by-side with you before, during, and after a claim is submitted. You will get to know our Social Security Disability lawyers on a personal level as we navigate the complexities of the process together.
Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
The first step to filing a claim is to find out if you qualify. While Social Security Disability may be available to millions of people, being disabled doesn’t automatically mean you qualify.
You qualify for Social Security Disability if you:
- Have a disability – According to the Social Security Administration, a disability is the inability to do the work you did before because of a physical or mental impairment which will last longer than 12 months or is terminal. Common qualifying conditions and disabilities include arthritis, clinical depression, fibromyalgia, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis, lupus, spinal injuries, and more.
- Worked in a position covered by Social Security Disability Insurance – SSDI doesn’t cover all positions and companies. You can find out if you are covered if you see a deduction for Social Security in your paychecks.
- Worked recently and long enough to earn a sufficient amount of work credits – You earn a credit by working and paying Social Security taxes. For example, individuals older than 62-years-old must have a minimum of 40 credits and 20 of those must be built up over the last 10 years. Younger people may still be able to qualify for SSD even with fewer credits.
The monthly payment amount you may receive is different for every individual and varies from one year to the next. Most Social Security recipients can possibly receive between $800 and $1,800 per month.
There is a complicated weighted formula that the SSA uses to determine benefits, but the ultimate amount will depend on your earnings record. Get in touch with an SSD lawyer in Clayton, MO, to see how much your payment amount might be valued.
Denied Social Security Disability: What To Do
At Drummond Law, we understand the impact that a denied Social Security Disability claim can have on you and anyone who depends on you.
If you have been wrongfully denied SSD benefits, do not give up. Many people are denied the first time around because they don’t know how to effectively explain the extent and nature of their disability alone. One of our disability lawyers can help!
We will help you submit a request for reconsideration within sixty days after your first application is denied. After this, our assistance will be valuable at every step in the entire appeal process, such as if/when a hearing becomes necessary. We will prepare you for every turn.
Once again, if you’ve been denied SSD benefits, reach out to a disability lawyer in Clayton, MO, as soon as possible! We’ll handle the rest.
Hire a Disability Lawyer | Contact Drummond Law
If you are disabled and considering applying for SSD benefits or have already applied and had your application denied, you must contact Drummond Law today!
Since 1976, the team at Drummond Law have been helping individuals in Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to live productive, comfortable, and happy lives. To get the help of a disability lawyer in Clayton, MO, please contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case evaluation.