Social Security Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyer in O’Fallon, IL
Disability lawyer in O’Fallon, IL. If you or a loved one cannot work, we can help. Having a disability is already challenging enough, which is why we believe that getting legal help shouldn’t be. From filing the first Social Security Disability application to the hearing level and beyond, a knowledgeable disability lawyer at Drummond Law will be able to effectively present your case to the SSA with the best chance at approval.
If you have an injury or medical condition that prevents you from leading a productive and healthy lifestyle, you deserve help— not denial. It is our passion to work with the most vulnerable members of our community because we want to make a difference in their lives. To speak with a disability lawyer in O’Fallon, IL, don’t hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case evaluation.
Help From the Best Social Security Disability Lawyers in O’Fallon, IL
If you’re not able to make a living because of a disability, the burden of how you’re going to pay your bills can wear you down. We understand this strain on your mental and physical impairment in addition to the mental headache that comes with having to file for SSD benefits on top of that. Because your financial future and stability depend upon Social Security, you simply cannot take any chances when filling out the initial SSD application or during an appeals process. Let us help!
A disability lawyer at Drummond Law will:
- Handle filing an SSD claim on your behalf
- Explain the filing process so you can be informed at every step
- Help you avoid making mistakes that lead to a wrongful denial
- Gather and submit all pertinent medical documentation
- Ensure your claim stays on track
- Give your case customized attention
If you want to see if you are eligible, file an SSD claim, or appeal a denial, you should not go about it alone. Get help from the best Social Security Disability lawyers in O’Fallon, IL, now.
Filing a Social Security Disability Claim in O’Fallon, IL
People often underestimate the overwhelming amount of paperwork involved with filing for Social Security, and there are many areas in which you can make a mistake that negates your claim. Through our years of experience with these types of cases, we know the ins and outs of the entire process. We manage all aspects of preparing a complete and thorough application, giving you the highest chance of success and saving you a tremendous amount of time and effort down the line.
Social Security has its own separate courts, judges, and overall legal system that complicate the process. You are required to show documentation that demonstrates the severity of your condition, the associated treatments, the side effects, and your prognosis. Our Social Security Disability lawyers can not only help you gather this documentation but submit them properly.
We will work closely with you before, during, and after a claim is submitted. You will come to know our Social Security Disability lawyers on a personal level as we navigate the complexities of the process together.
Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
The first step you should take is finding out if you are eligible. Social Security Disability is a safety net for millions of people, but just because you are disabled doesn’t mean you qualify.
You become eligible for SSD if you:
- Are disabled – According to the SSA, a disability is the inability to do meaningful work because of a mental or physical impairment which will last longer than 12 months or is terminal. Common qualifying conditions and disabilities include arthritis, clinical depression, fibromyalgia, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis, lupus, spinal injuries, and more.
- Worked in a job covered by Social Security Disability Insurance – SSDI doesn’t cover all positions and companies. You may find out if you are covered if you see a deduction for Social Security in your paychecks.
- Worked recently and long enough to build up a sufficient amount of work credits – You gain a credit by working and paying Social Security taxes. For instance, individuals older than 62-years-old must have a minimum of 40 credits and 20 of those must be built up over the last 10 years. Younger people may still be able to qualify for SSD even with fewer credits.
The amount of money you will receive on a monthly basis is unique for every individual and varies from year-to-year. Many SSDI recipients can possibly receive between $800 and $1,800 in a month.
There is a complicated weighted formula that the SSA uses to determine benefits, but the ultimate amount will depend on your earnings record. Get in touch with an SSD lawyer in O’Fallon, IL, to find out how much your monthly payment might be valued.
What to Do if You Have Been Denied SSD Benefits
At Drummond Law, we know the impact that a denied Social Security Disability claim can have, especially when these benefits are your only source of income.
If you’ve been wrongfully denied Social Security benefits, do not give up. Many people are denied the first time around because they have difficulty explaining the nature and extent of their disability alone. A disability lawyer can help!
We will help you submit a request for reconsideration within sixty days after your first application is denied. After this, our assistance will be valuable at every step in the entire appeal process, such as if/when a hearing becomes necessary. We will prepare you for the judge’s questions and elicit helpful testimonies from medical experts to demonstrate your need for benefits.
Once again, if you’ve been denied SSD benefits, reach out to a disability lawyer in O’Fallon, IL, as soon as possible! We’ll handle the rest.
Hire a Disability Lawyer | Contact Drummond Law
If you are thinking of submitting an SSD claim or have been denied, you should contact Drummond Law now!
Since 1976, the team at Drummond Law have been helping individuals in Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to live happy, productive, and comfortable lives. To speak with a disability lawyer in O’Fallon, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case review.