Social Security Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyer in Kemper, IL
Disability lawyer in Kemper, IL. If you can’t work, we can help. Life with a disabling condition has many challenges, but getting the benefits and legal help you need shouldn’t be one of them. From the initial Social Security Disability application to the hearing level and beyond, a knowledgeable disability lawyer at Drummond Law will be able to effectively present your case to the SSA with the best chance at approval.
If you have a medical condition or injury that prevents you from leading a productive and healthy life, you deserve help— not denial. It is our mission to work with the most vulnerable members of our community because we want to make a difference in their lives. To speak with a disability lawyer in Kemper, IL, don’t hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case evaluation.
How the Best Social Security Disability Lawyers in Kemper, IL, Can Help
If you are not able to make a living due to a disability, the stress of how you’re going to pay for your living essentials can wear you down. We understand this strain on your physical and mental impairment in addition to the mental headache that comes with filing for SSDI benefits on top of that. Because your financial future and stability depend upon Social Security, you simply cannot take any chances when filling out the initial SSD application or during an appeals process. Let us help!
A disability lawyer at Drummond Law will:
- Manage all aspects of filing your SSD claim for you
- Help you understand the complicated filing process
- Help you avoid making mistakes that lead to a wrongful denial
- Gather all medical documents on your behalf
- Ensure your claim stays on track
- Give you personal attention
If you want to find out if you qualify, get help filing a claim, or appeal a wrongful denial, you should not go about it alone. Get help from the best Social Security Disability lawyers in Kemper, IL, now.
Filing a Social Security Disability Claim in Kemper, IL
People often underestimate the overwhelming amount of paperwork involved with filing for Social Security, and there are many areas in which you can make a mistake that negates your claim. Through our years of experience with these types of cases, we know the ins and outs of the entire process. We manage all aspects of preparing a thorough and complete application, giving you the highest chance of success and saving you a tremendous amount of time and effort down the line.
Social Security has its own separate legal system, courts, and judges that complicate the process. You need documentation to show the severity of your conditions, the symptoms, the treatments, the side effects, and your future prognosis. Our Social Security Disability lawyers can not only help you gather this documentation but submit everything properly.
We will work closely with you before, during, and after a claim is submitted. You will come to know our Social Security Disability lawyers on a personal level as we navigate the complexities of the process together.
Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
The first step you should take is finding out if you are eligible. Social Security Disability is a safety net for millions of people, but just because you are disabled doesn’t mean you qualify.
You become eligible for SSD if you:
- Have a disability – According to the Social Security Administration, a disability is the inability to do the work you did before because of a mental or physical impairment which is terminal or will last for longer than 12 months. Common qualifying conditions and disabilities include arthritis, clinical depression, fibromyalgia, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis, lupus, spinal injuries, and more.
- Worked in a position covered by Social Security Disability Insurance – SSDI doesn’t cover all jobs. You can find out if you’re covered if you see a deduction for Social Security in your paychecks.
- Worked recently and long enough to build up a sufficient amount of work credits – You gain a credit by working and paying Social Security taxes. For instance, individuals older than 62-years-old must have a minimum of 40 credits and 20 of those must be built up over the last 10 years. Younger workers can achieve eligibility with fewer credits.
The monthly payment amount you may receive is different for every individual and varies from one year to the next. Many SSDI recipients can possibly receive between $800 and $1,800 per month.
There is a complicated weighted formula that the SSA uses to determine benefits, but the ultimate amount will depend on your earnings record. Get in touch with an SSD lawyer in Kemper, IL, to find out how much your payment amount might be valued.
Denied Social Security Disability: What To Do
At Drummond Law, we know the impact that a denied Social Security Disability claim can have, especially when these benefits are your only source of income.
If you have been wrongfully denied SSD benefits, you shouldn’t give up. Many people are denied the first time around because they don’t know how to effectively explain the extent and nature of their disability alone. A disability lawyer can help!
We will help you submit a request for reconsideration within sixty days after your first application is denied. After this, our assistance will be valuable at every step in the entire appeal process, such as if/when a hearing becomes necessary. We will prepare you for every turn.
Once again, if you’ve been denied SSD benefits, get in touch with a disability lawyer in Kemper, IL, as soon as you can! We’ll handle the rest.
Hire a Disability Lawyer | Contact Drummond Law
If you are thinking of submitting an SSD claim or have been denied, you should contact Drummond Law now!
In over 10,000 cases won over the last five decades, the team at Drummond Law have been helping individuals across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to live productive, comfortable, and happy lives. To talk to a disability lawyer in Kemper, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case evaluation.