Social Security Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyer in De Soto, MO
Disability lawyer in De Soto, MO. If you or a loved one cannot work, we can help. Life with a disabling condition has many challenges, but getting the benefits and legal help you need shouldn’t be one of them. From the initial Social Security Disability application to the hearing level and beyond, a seasoned disability lawyer at Drummond Law will be able to effectively present your case to the SSA with the best chance at approval.
If you have an injury or medical condition that prevents you from leading a productive and healthy life, you deserve help— not denial. It is our mission to be able to assist the most vulnerable members of our community because we want to make a difference in their lives. To get in touch with a disability lawyer in De Soto, MO, please contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case evaluation.
Help From the Best Social Security Disability Lawyers in De Soto, MO
If you’re unable to make a living due to a disability, the burden of how you’re going to pay for your living essentials can wear you down. We understand this strain on your physical and mental impairment as well as the emotional stress that comes with having to file for SSD benefits on top of that. You do not want to take any chances when filling out the application because your stability and financial future depend upon getting benefits from Social Security. We want to help!
A disability lawyer at Drummond Law will:
- Handle filing an SSD claim on your behalf
- Explain the filing process so you can be informed at every step
- Avoid the filing mistakes that often lead to a denial
- Gather all medical documents on your behalf
- Ensure your claim stays on track
- Give you customized attention
If you want to see if you qualify, file an SSD claim, or appeal a denial, you should never go about it alone. Get help from the best Social Security Disability lawyers in De Soto, MO, now.
Filing a Social Security Disability Claim in De Soto, MO
Many individuals do not understand the complicated claim process and therefore they might make a fatal mistake that negates or jeopardizes their claim. Through our years of experience with these types of cases, we know the ins and outs of the entire process. We handle every portion of preparing a complete and thorough application so that you have the best chance of approval the first time around, saving you a tremendous amount of effort and time down the line.
Social Security has its own separate legal system, courts, and judges that make the process complicated. You need documentation to show the severity of your condition, the associated treatments, the side effects, and your prognosis. Our Social Security Disability lawyers can not only help you gather these items but submit them in the proper fashion.
We will work closely with you before, during, and after a claim is submitted. You will come to know our Social Security Disability lawyers personally as we navigate the complexities of the process together.
Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
The first step to filing a claim is to find out if you qualify. Social Security Disability is a safety net for millions of people, but just because you are disabled doesn’t mean you qualify.
You become eligible for SSD if you:
- Are disabled – According to the SSA, a disability is the inability to do meaningful work because of a physical or mental impairment which will last longer than 12 months or is terminal. Common qualifying conditions and disabilities include arthritis, clinical depression, fibromyalgia, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis, lupus, spinal injuries, and more.
- Worked in a job covered by Social Security Disability Insurance – SSDI doesn’t cover all positions and companies. You can find out if you’re covered if you see a deduction for Social Security in your paychecks.
- Worked recently and long enough to earn an adequate amount of work credits – You earn a credit by working and paying Social Security taxes. For instance, individuals older than 62-years-old must have a minimum of 40 credits and 20 of those must be built up over the last 10 years. Younger people may still be able to qualify for SSD even with fewer credits.
The monthly payment amount you may receive is different for every individual and varies from one year to the next. Many Social Security recipients can possibly receive between $800 and $1,800 per month.
There is a complicated weighted formula that the SSA uses to determine benefits, but the ultimate amount will depend on your earnings record. Get in touch with an SSD lawyer in De Soto, MO, to see how much your payment amount might be valued.
What to Do if You Have Been Denied SSD Benefits
At Drummond Law, we understand the impact that a denied Social Security Disability claim can have on you and anyone who depends on you.
If you’ve been wrongfully denied SSDI benefits, do not give up. Many people are denied the first time around because they have difficulty explaining the nature and extent of their disability alone. One of our disability lawyers can help!
When we step in, we can help you submit a request for reconsideration within the crucial sixty-day-period after being denied. After this, our assistance will be valuable at every step in the entire appeal process, such as if/when a hearing becomes necessary. We will prepare you for every turn.
Once again, if you’ve been denied Social Security benefits, get in touch with a disability lawyer in De Soto, MO, as soon as possible! We’ll handle the rest.
Hire a Disability Lawyer | Contact Drummond Law
If you are thinking of submitting an SSD claim or have been denied, you must contact Drummond Law now!
In over 10,000 cases won over the last five decades, the team at Drummond Law have been helping individuals in Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to live productive, comfortable, and happy lives. To speak with a disability lawyer in De Soto, MO, please contact us or call 844-706-7710 to get started on a free case evaluation.